Category — Video
Adding subtitles to your video for closed-captioning is not only a way to support your audience with hearing disabilities, but in YouTube it improves your search results when looking for that specific video. As we know, video itself cannot be indexed (yet) so YouTube indexes subtitles, as well as your description, name of the video, comments, etc. for more accurate results through search engine optimization (SEO). Google provides some direction on how to add subtitles, but they don’t perform a thorough walkthrough and leave much to be assumed if you’re uploading subtitles without time codes. Here I walkthrough you through the process and provide some examples for your assistance.
June 25, 2011 2 Comments
Since getting my iPhone I’ve enjoyed creating short clips and posting them on my Facebook account, but never really did any editing on the device. So, I blew some cash in the App Store to try out video editing apps for the iPhone and post my findings here. Like many, if not most App Store junkies, I download based on positive feedback (no fewer than 3 stars), and secondly, on the screenshots – UI design is very important to me.
With all that in mind, I downloaded five apps that are all very slick and easy to use. I have categorized these five based on the level of editing and features you may be interested in: Simple (few features, speedy rendering), Intermediate (additional features but not what I would call feature-rich), and Advanced (deep mobile editing, feature rich, offers more tools than the previous two categories).
[Read more →]
June 15, 2011 4 Comments
Version 2.1 of ZETZ Mobile’s iVideo is now available for download in iTunes iVideo is now a universal iOS app, with full resolution user interfaces for all iOS devices. Enjoy iVideo on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, at no additional cost. As a reminder, the following features are available with version 2.x:
- Compatible Content: All video content is iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch compatible, including tons in HD
- AirPlay Enabled: Stream iVideo to your AppleTV and watch on your HDTV (requires iOS 4.3)
- Improved Response Time: Fast downloads, even over cellular connections
- Subscriptions: Full subscribe/unsubscribe capabilities, including automatic addition of future content
- Share Your Videos: Share your favorite shows with your Facebook friends, Twitter followers or email contacts. They can watch too – even without iVideo!
Please check it out and give us your feedback!
May 19, 2011 Comments Off